Full - SERVICE ARCHITECTURE & DESIGN STUDIO
Every project starts with a great idea.
Construction Procurment / Tender
Highest and Best Use Development Studies
Space Planning and design
Material finish selection
Lighting design and selection
Every project is unique. Although the processes are similar from project to project, the parameters are always different. Part of the journey for every project is to find this uniqueness and celebrate it through the design process. Architecture is not only about the final product, it’s also about the collaborative and creative journey that informs each step along the way.
Diligent planning is the key to the delivery of a successful project. The Planning process includes, but is not limited to Pre-Application meetings with Authorities Having Jurisdiction, Functional Planning and Programming to capture Client requirements, as well as meetings with the Client in order to document their goals and objectives for their project.
We work with our Interior Design partners to provide Interior Design services that compliment our Architecture service offerings. This strong relationship allows us to provide a complete, wholistic design package that benefits and satisfies Clients’ requirements.
Left Hand Architecture & Design Inc., provides the following services;
- Functional Programming – Guiding the Owner in determining their spatial needs including;
- Existing and desired spatial needs assessment and analysis
- Schematic Design – The early stages of synthesizing spatial needs into architectural form which includes;
- Space planning and further spatial analysis
- Site analysis
- Building Code and Municipal Bylaw reviews
- Communication and coordination with Authorities Having Jurisdiction
- Preliminary cost analysis
- Design Development – Schematic design is revised. Consultants (typically Structural, Mechanical, Electrical) are engaged for their expertise in their respective disciplines. All disciplines determine and work towards a common goal that is based on the project’s parameters. Services provided at this stage include;
- Preliminary drawing package
- Consultant coordination
- Revised cost analysis
- Construction Documentation – Architect and Consultants assemble drawing packages and specifications (contract documents) for their respective disciplines for the purpose of;
- Building and / or Development Permit submissions
- Construction procurement
- Construction Procurement – In a “traditional” form of project delivery, construction drawings are provided to General Contractor(s) who provide a cost to build the project. During this stage the Architect will;
- Answer bidder questions and issue changes and clarifications during the bidding stage
- Assist the Owner with selecting the General Contractor most suited to undertake the work
- Construction Administration – The respective disciplines coordinate and visit the site periodically to ensure that the General Contractor is building in accordance with the contract documents.
- Field Functions – Site visits
- Office Functions – Progress Payment reviews and recommendations, General Contractor and additional Consultant coordination where required
- Project Closeout – Architect processes final construction progress payments (and holdback releases), and coordinates the delivery of equipment maintenance and testing manuals for the Owner’s use and records.
- Substantial and Final Completion inspections undertaken by all consultants
- Release of holdbacks and final payment to General Contractor
- Additional Services – In addition to the aforementioned services, Left Hand Architecture & Design Inc. offers the following services;
- Highest and Best Use development studies
- Feasibility Studies
- Project conceptualization
- As-built drawings of existing or recently completed buildings
- General drawing and drafting services associated with Building and / or Development Permit submissions such as renovations
Please fill out the form and we'll get back to you asap